The Office of Risk Management is responsible for maintaining a variety of insurance programs as well as providing risk assessment and consultation in order to better protect and facilitate KU’s mission as major comprehensive research and teaching university. These responsibilities extend to all KU campuses—Lawrence and Edwards, the Medical Center in Kansas City as well as those in Salina and Wichita. Insurance coverages include auto liability, aviation, building and contents coverage, business continuity, business travel accident and evacuation, crime and employee dishonesty, general liability and inland marine, among others.
The Director of Risk Management oversees the investigation and resolution of claims. The Director also leads the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program, which the systematically identifies, assesses, treats and monitors enterprise-level risks that impact the University’s financials, life safety, reputation and mission.
- For registration and insurance related to pending international travel, please visit KU’s Travel Insurance» website.
- Questions related to personal insurance and Workers’ Compensation should be directed to the KU’s Office of Human Resources».
- Questions related to medical malpractice coverage should be directed to KU Medical Center Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance R. Michael Keeble, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance following an auto accident involving a KU vehicle, please see the State of Kansas’ Accident Reporting Information» website and contact Andy Foat at 785-864-6201 or email@example.com to initiate a claim.
- For general liability coverage for a special event, please call us at 785-864-6201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency contact: 914-346-7641.